A videogame It is an interactive application oriented to entertainment that, through certain controls or controls, allows simulating experiences in screen of a TV , a computer or other electronic device.
Video games differ from other forms of entertainment, such as movies, in that they must be interactive; In other words, users must be actively involved with the content. To do this, it is necessary to use a command (also known as gamepad or joystick ), through which orders are sent to the main device (a computer or a specialized console) and these are reflected in a screen with the movement and actions of the characters.
Machines created specifically to host video games are known as Arcadian . Until a few years ago, it was possible to find them in many leisure establishments. With the advance of the technology , video games became more usual in game consoles (a device that connects to the TV) and on computers. For this reason, the concept of videogames is used to refer to any interactive digital game, regardless of its physical support.
Video games can be very different from each other, both in complexity and in graphic quality and thematic. As with film and music, there is a long and complex list of genres and subgenres, and the classification of the same title may vary depending on who analyzes it. Let's see below some of the gender Main:
* platforms: It is an experience that revolves around physical challenges, which require a high level of precision on the part of the players to advance through complex structures, generally facing various enemies. The game of platforms par excellence is Super Mario Bros., developed and published by Nintendo in 1985; its design, its direction and its production were in charge of Shigeru Miyamoto, an eminence in the world of video games;
* of shots: a broad genre, to which some war titles and spacecraft belong. His name in English is shooters and, although it alludes to the action shooting, it must not necessarily be a firearm, since any game that focuses the progress of the main character in the use of some power that is fired towards the enemies, either in the form of a projectile or lightning (among many others) possibilities), you can fall into this category;
* of adventures: are games in which the history It is the protagonist. They must be built on the basis of a rich narrative, which gradually catches the player in the virtual world, and conveys the need to solve a series of mysteries. In general, they contain a wide variety of elements that are fundamental to advance, and these are usually on the same stage, which invites constant exploration;
* RPG: they are often confused with adventure games but, unlike the latter, their focus is the characters and their evolution along the history. This genre is especially popular in Japan, although there are many communities of players from role all over the world. One of its main characteristics is the use of the term level to refer to the degree of experience of its protagonists and not to the different worlds and scenarios they must go through;
* sports: although its name seems to say it all, there is a very thin line between this genre and that of simulation. These two, in turn, are related to the genre of action; It all depends on the degree of realism of the experience and the type of interaction expected of the player, among other factors. A sports game faithfully reflects the rules of the original discipline, but not at millimeter levels, but uses certain licenses, such as weather advance faster than in reality.
He social role of video games is usually in discussion. In principle they were considered as a diversion for children and adolescents, but the age group has expanded considerably in recent years. Very often video games are seen as a waste of time and a source of distraction, especially by people who have never tried them; on the other hand, many experts highlight their values Educational and pedagogical.