Mother is the female or woman who has given birth . For example: "Ema became a mother a week ago: she gave birth to twins", “I have always dreamed of being a mother, but the years fly by and it becomes increasingly difficult to get pregnant”, “Lucy gave birth to six puppies, five of which were given in adoption”.
The mothers of the group of mammals, which includes human beings, gestate their children in the womb. The descendant is first an embryo, then a fetus and finally, when it has developed, it is born after labor when the mother gives birth. It should be mentioned that not all women can give birth naturally, so they undergo a surgical intervention known as Caesarean section, which consists of making a cut in the abdominal area and in the uterus to facilitate the birth of their children.
The concept of mother transcends the limits of biology . Women who adopt , whether due to infertility or willingness to collaborate with the millions of children who are anxiously awaiting a home, they also become mothers since they fulfill the same function that is linked to the woman who gives birth. This means that being a mother goes much further than engendering itself, but includes issues such as love, care and attention.
Mother is, on the other hand, the title given to certain religious : “Mother Teresa of Calcutta accomplished a great humanitarian work”, "Mother, I would like to collaborate with donations for your congregation". The religious use of the term dates back to the consideration of the Virgin Mary as Mother of God .
The word also allows to refer to origin, cause or root where something comes from : "The surprise resignation of the coach was the mother of all the problems currently afflicting the team", "This is the mother of all battles".
It is a depression of very varied intensity that affects women within a maximum period of one year after giving birth, although it usually takes place during the first trimester.
With respect to its causes, nobody has delimited them with exactitude, although this type of depression is usually related to a series of very typical factors of pregnancy, as are the following:
* changes suffered by the body at the physical and hormonal level, both during pregnancy and childbirth, with the consequent repercussions on mood;
* changes at the social level, since their interpersonal relationships are affected by their state;
* lack of free time and energy, partly caused by sleep disorders;
* concern before the possibility of not becoming a good mother;
It is believed, on the other hand, that those who are more likely to suffer from postpartum depression are:
* are under twenty years old;
* consume tobacco, alcohol or some type of narcotic, which also creates a significant risk for Health of the child;
* have not planned to become pregnant or have seriously considered having an abortion;
* have had depression or an anxiety disorder before or during another pregnancy;
* live a tragic event or very difficult to overcome during pregnancy or at the time of giving birth, such as the death of a loved one, some complication of childbirth or the news of a serious illness in the newborn;
From the moment of Birth and the next two or three weeks, there is a phenomenon known as puerperal depression, whose most common symptoms are irritability, the high feeling of anxiety and sadness, which lead to tears and confusion. When these symptoms do not disappear or when they take place a month or more after birth, we can talk about postpartum depression.